welcome to destiny's strata!

PREMIUM - MATURE

The town seems like any other town. Simple, quiet on the exterior but digging beyond the surface will reveal a whole new world of deception, lies, and most of all, power. This is where the rich come to raise their families. But they all have their dirty little secrets. Isolating themselves from the rest of the world is the norm here, weeding out the 'bad seeds'. The children are raised with a sense of 'being privileged' and their parents encourage this. They go to private universities where they are taught to rule the world.

But there is one little problem...

The government says they have to allow a certain number of scholarships every year to the underprivileged kids or risk the closure of their schools. On the far end of town lives the poor, the down-trodden, and the downright scum of the earth, or, at least, that is how the upper class sees them. Mana Marrow tries to hide this embarrassment in their town but now, with the government intervening, they will have to allow some of these young adults to mix with their own precious, spoiled, and pampered offspring. The town comes together to form 'The Hetaireia', a secret society for the Elite, and figures out a way to make this work in their favor, however, and soon the lucky chosen underprivileged youth begin their university studies only to find that all is not as it seems. A hierarchy is born and they find themselves at the bottom rung, treated as less than second class citizens.

Will you be one of the privileged students that seem to rule the schools?
Or will you be one of the poor, who struggle for the acceptance that they may never find?
Or maybe you will be an adult, working in the town, the schools, or at the factory that supplies jobs for little pay and hard labor?

The choice is yours, so choose wisely!

Definitions:

Strata:
1) A level or class to which people are assigned according to their social status, education, or income.
2) A group into which members of a population are divided in stratified sampling.

Mana
A word found in Austronesian languages meaning "power, effectiveness, prestige", where in most cases the power is understood to be supernatural.

Hetaireia
1) Meaning 'Secret Society' in Latin.
2) A term in ancient greek for a corps of bodyguards during the Byzantine Empire. It means "the Company".

mana mar.
LOCATED: somewhere in the us
set in june, 2018
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Add Reply
New Poll

God, I miss Gianni, Kristie | Luca
Geoffri Fletcher
He / Him
Actor
33 POSTS
alyoshka
AKA GiGi
SEXUALITY: Hella gay
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: In a relationship
PARTNER: Ari <3
~ Ridge Creek Student ~
Fashion is the art, designers are the gods
Models play the part of angels in the dark
Shopping without Ari was really strange. Of course, it wasn't as though Geoffri had never been shopping without his boyfriend before - they didn't actually spend every single moment joined at the hip, as some people might have believed - but it was still an odd experience. However, it wasn't as though Ari could actually be here on this particular occasion, for two very important reasons.

1. Geoffri was shopping for a birthday present - more specifically, a whole new birthday outfit - for Ari (and Ari couldn't quite pay for it or be there for that process, now, could he?)

2. Today was Ari's special pre-birthday spa day, planned by Geoffri, paid for Geoffri and with extra scholar graciously provided by Geoffri.

So he couldn't very well expect the boy to come along now, could he?

As far as Ari was aware, Geoffri was currently otherwise preoccupied at work, filming some scene he hadn't been able to get done in the past week and just had to do today. In reality, he was in Versace browsing their latest collection, having just spent some time in Louis Vuitton buying, what else, new shoes and a rather nice scarf. Both of them were very much Ari's type and he was likely to absolutely adore them, not just because they were from one of his favourite brands but because Geoffri had bought them for him. Now he was looking for a shirt and then, finally, he'd be popping by Hermes for a belt. Trousers could later be tailor-made if necessary since no full outfit would have been complete otherwise and Geoffri didn't want to give his boyfriend anything incomplete.

Once several shirts had been selected, six to be exact, Geoffri had the sales assistant set them on the counter for him and pulled out his card, ready to pay, when a thought suddenly struck him. He already had two bags from Louis Vuitton on him and due to having lent his scholar elsewhere for the day, he currently found himself without and that simply wouldn't do. One or two bags, yes, he could handle them but two or three more? Never. Panicking as his items were rung up, he glanced around a moment, looking for someone he could more or less bully/pay/blackmail into following him around and carrying the bags in question. Why would there be anyone though? This was Versace, it wasn't as though scholars or poor kids ever...wait a second, wasn't that the Mesnikoff kid? Geoffri knew all about him. Rich parents died and left him a poor orphan and now he was Max's fag. He knew all about him indeed.

"Hey, you over there. Scholar," he called over to the boy, waving in his direction for attention. What was he even doing in here? "Mesnikoff. Get over here."
for Luca
BY MITZI
Luca Mesnikoff
He / Him
81 POSTS
Kristie
AKA
SEXUALITY:
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
PARTNER:
~ Ridge Creek Scholar ~
Why? Why was it that it seemed any time Max sent him on an errand to one of these expensive and classy type stores, he ran into someone from school that seemed to not only recognize him, but want something from him as well? Like, couldn't he ever just get one moment of piece? First Heidi and now... what was his name anyway? It wasn't as if he really cared to learn who all the elite kids were. Why should he? They didn't care to learn about him except for the fact that he belonged to Max.

Maybe he could pretend not to notice the kid? It sounded like a good plan to him. He just needed to get Max's shirts he had ordered and then he could get out of here, hopefully making a clean getaway. So instead of turning towards the kid when he called out to him, by name surprisingly enough, he actually moved in the opposite direction towards the lady behind the counter. He hadn't been as stupid this time and made sure Max had given him his credit card to pay for the purchases. "I'm here to pick up an order for Maximilian Denvers." The lady asked him to wait while she went to the back to find the package. Ugh! She was taking too long and Luca was terrified that kid would try and come talk to him or something! He wished she'd hurry up.
Geoffri Fletcher
He / Him
Actor
33 POSTS
alyoshka
AKA GiGi
~ Ridge Creek Student ~
Was he being ignored? How could someone be ignoring Geoffri!? He was basically perfect in every single way - Ari had reassured him of that fact millions of times - so he didn't really see any reason for someone to ignore him and yet here he was, waiting for this stupid poor boy to turn around and realise that he was standing right there. Outrageous. Still, that didn't phase him all too much, so he placed his card on the counter with a vagueish wave of the hand to instruct the woman standing there just to ring everything up for him whilst he turned back to Luca to address him more directly. Sure, he was currently busy apparently picking up an order for Max but that wasn't an excuse. Besides, if he was going to get in trouble with Max for taking too long to do things then Geoffri saw even more reason to bother him right now.

"Mesnikoff!" he repeated, frowning. "I'm speaking to you! And I have a job for you. I'll give you twenty dollars or something if you do it." That was a lot to the scholars, right? They weren't used to having any money so twenty had to be a lot to them and, fortunately, it was basically pocket change (if even that) for Geoffri, so it wasn't as though he was giving up that much for this. "I don't have time for you to be wasting doing this other thing right now with whatever you're doing. Otherwise, like, I'll ruin you." Geoffri offered Luca a falsely reassuring smile, sort of like the ones he gave to the minions when he was promising them a place in the clique and then gestured towards his stuff to make it clear he needed it carried as he took back his card and then stepped away from the counter.

"We have a lot to get through. I'm doing Ari's birthday. Oh, and I hope you're not too weak. Urgh, let me tell you, our scholars are so weak. They can barely carry enough bags for us."
for Luca
BY MITZI
Luca Mesnikoff
He / Him
81 POSTS
Kristie
AKA
SEXUALITY:
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
PARTNER:
~ Ridge Creek Scholar ~
Groaning loudly, he turned toward the annoying voice when he called to him a second time. Guess his plan didn't work! But he kind of figured as much anyway. "Can I help you?" And by that he really meant 'what can I do to make you go away', not actually what could he do to help him. Max was going to kill him if he was late with his shirts and he didn't relish the idea of listening to one of his lectures about how Luca should be doing everything Max wants and how he didn't care how difficult or what he had to do to get it done just as long as he did. Luca swore he could go on for hours!

He had to admit that twenty dollars did sound good, but was it really worth his dignity and Max's wrath? Nope! "No, sorry, I can't. I'm a little busy right now." Ruin him? He laughed lightly, not even caring if he offended the guy. "Look, umm... what was your name again? I have to take these shirts back to Maximilian Denvers, who I'm quite sure could ruin you if I was delayed in getting back due to you keeping me." Looking at the pile of packages he was gesturing at, Luca raised a brow. "Sooo... call an uber. Do I look like one of your scholars?"

The woman had just come back with Max's shirts and Luca turned away from the annoying kid to hand over the credit card, then waited patiently while she scanned the card and bagged up his packages. "Thank you!" He spoke politely to the girl and then turned, taking a few steps towards the exit, not really caring who's birthday this guy was still going on about.
Geoffri Fletcher
He / Him
Actor
33 POSTS
alyoshka
AKA GiGi
~ Ridge Creek Student ~
Geoffri was, honestly, not used to this kind of attitude from scholars. Both of his - meaning his and Ari's, obviously - were perfectly well behaved, and the ones they tended to borrow from their minions were always excellent behaved too. Well, for the most part. There had been a few issues with some of them in the past, especially when they messed up facials or manicures or pedicures - gosh forbid they ever dare to that - but they had never dared to say they couldn't do something when either Ari or Geoffri had told them to. The sheer thought of it was honestly an outrage! And Mesnikoff, well, it wasn't as though he was one of the good scholars to have, given how much he'd been seen to complain. As far as Geoffri was concerned, he should have been honoured to take those twenty dollars in exchange for a simple job.

"Um, I'm GiGi Fletcher," he told the boy, frowning in confusion. Did he seriously just ask that? There was no way the kid didn't know who Geoffri was, even if he was super dumb. He was probably just playing stupider than normal just to be a nuisance. "And, like, I know Max. He knows the importance of the spa." Which, in Geoffri's opinion, meant that he should be just fine having Mesnikoff replace one of the scholars currently at the spa with Ari.

Was he leaving? What the fuck! Geoffri stormed right up over to him to grab him from behind, taking hold of his ugly cheap shirt and stopping him from moving too far. "I asked you to help me with my bags and I said I'd give you twenty dollars for it. If you do a good job then maybe I'll give you a little more."
for Luca
BY MITZI
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution