welcome to destiny's strata!

PREMIUM - MATURE

The town seems like any other town. Simple, quiet on the exterior but digging beyond the surface will reveal a whole new world of deception, lies, and most of all, power. This is where the rich come to raise their families. But they all have their dirty little secrets. Isolating themselves from the rest of the world is the norm here, weeding out the 'bad seeds'. The children are raised with a sense of 'being privileged' and their parents encourage this. They go to private universities where they are taught to rule the world.

But there is one little problem...

The government says they have to allow a certain number of scholarships every year to the underprivileged kids or risk the closure of their schools. On the far end of town lives the poor, the down-trodden, and the downright scum of the earth, or, at least, that is how the upper class sees them. Mana Marrow tries to hide this embarrassment in their town but now, with the government intervening, they will have to allow some of these young adults to mix with their own precious, spoiled, and pampered offspring. The town comes together to form 'The Hetaireia', a secret society for the Elite, and figures out a way to make this work in their favor, however, and soon the lucky chosen underprivileged youth begin their university studies only to find that all is not as it seems. A hierarchy is born and they find themselves at the bottom rung, treated as less than second class citizens.

Will you be one of the privileged students that seem to rule the schools?
Or will you be one of the poor, who struggle for the acceptance that they may never find?
Or maybe you will be an adult, working in the town, the schools, or at the factory that supplies jobs for little pay and hard labor?

The choice is yours, so choose wisely!

Definitions:

Strata:
1) A level or class to which people are assigned according to their social status, education, or income.
2) A group into which members of a population are divided in stratified sampling.

Mana
A word found in Austronesian languages meaning "power, effectiveness, prestige", where in most cases the power is understood to be supernatural.

Hetaireia
1) Meaning 'Secret Society' in Latin.
2) A term in ancient greek for a corps of bodyguards during the Byzantine Empire. It means "the Company".

mana mar.
LOCATED: somewhere in the us
set in april, 2018
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Add Reply
New Poll

give it another go, talon
Risel Ereian
he / him / his
heir
29 POSTS
Aly
AKA
SEXUALITY: pansexual
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: married
PARTNER: talon qanit-ereian
~ Elites ~

i'll break your halo if you try to rise above me

talon
Risel did not like taking Talon out. It wasn't anything to do with the fact that he didn't enjoy spending time with his husband - he did, to an extent - he just simply didn't believe that the man knew how to act in public, and that was a serious issue for him. After all, up until Daddy had died, he'd always been taught to act with proper etiquette around other people and, afterwards, when he was supposed to be running at least a part of the company, he'd had to put such things into practice. Talon, on the other hand, had never been taught such things, and Risel considered him to be...a liability. For lack of a better term.

Nonetheless, he was taking him out today. Not to the nicest place in town but to somewhere that he considered nice enough, and certainly on his husband's level. He'd told Talon to dress up and make sure he looked properly presentable - even told him to find some sort of acceptable suit - asked the servants to make sure the children were well taken care of, and sent a car to pick him up from home at five so that Risel would have the time to visit the office and ensure things were going alright. He didn't like going to the office but it had to be the case sometimes.

Valenti's was the place where they were going. Risel had asked for a table in the private dining area upstairs, given the wonderful views, and he was waiting for his husband just by the front door, drumming his fingers on the wall beside him as he counted down the seconds until the man finally showed up. He did not like it when the car was late. He did not like it when things were less than what might have been deemed perfect.
MITZI
Talon Qanit-Ereian
he, him, his
24 POSTS
Kristie
AKA Talon
SEXUALITY: Bisexual
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Married
PARTNER: Risel Ereian
~ Elites ~
Talon had actually been surprised when Risel had announced that he'd be taking him out to dinner. His husband hadn't seemed all that keen on his behavior at the Valentines Disco, not that Talon knew why. He'd thought he'd behaved just fine. And let's face it, Talon could count on one hand the amount of times Risel had taken him out over the past several years. So yes, he was definitely surprised. Happy, but surprised.

Of course Risel had insisted he wear something nice. This was a problem. Risel didn't really spend money on clothes for Talon, especially being that he hardly ever left the house. But he did have a few things and he managed to put together a nice outfit, a navy blue suit with a lighter blue dress shirt beneath it and a burgundy tie. The suit wasn't designer like Risel's clothing but it didn't look too bad and would have to do. Taking a last look in the mirror he straightened his tie and then headed downstairs to meet the driver wishing Risel trusted him enough to let him learn to drive himself.

Once downstairs, however, Talon had to take a few minutes to break up a fight between Lyzere and Ar'Varis and then Safarin was insisting on kisses and hugs with teary eyes because he didn't want Talon to leave. Of course after a bit of cuddling his youngest son Talon realized his hands had been full of chocolate and now he had to run back upstairs to change his shirt. The only other he had was a soft, light green which went horribly with his navy jacket but there was nothing he could do about it. Besides, now he was going to be late and that would surely anger Risel even more than the mismatched shirt... maybe. Or maybe he'd be angrier about the clothes? Either way, his husband was bound to be upset with him.

Running back downstairs he steered clear of the kids and rushed out the door, their driver making it to the restaurant in record time but unfortunately still a few minutes late. Talon made his way inside and saw the impatient look on his husband's face and tried to smile. "I'm sorry, Risel. The twins were fighting and Safarin got chocolate on my shirt and I had to change, and I didn't mean to be late..." He looked nervously at Risel before looking away, unable to meet his gaze knowing he would just take what he'd said for excuses.
Risel Ereian
he / him / his
heir
29 POSTS
Aly
AKA
~ Elites ~

talon
Eventually, Risel recognised their car coming to a stop just outside the restaurant and the man that stepped out and he straightened himself slightly as Talon approached, raising an eyebrow at all the excuses he was throwing out. Always throwing excuses around as though things weren't his fault. Honestly, Risel found it quite tiring. He didn't see why he should have to handle all these problems that his husband created. "And why is any of this my concern? You're supposed to be taking care of the children, if they act out then it must be your fault. However, I don't expect it to be making you late when I do you the honour of inviting you out for dinner." His outfit was a nightmare as well, but Risel opted not to comment on that particular mishap, instead gesturing for Talon to follow him into the restaurant as he requested their table from the maître d'hôtel and the pair were led upstairs to the area with the nicer views.

Once seated and with menus in hand, the man rattled off a list of specials, which Risel ignored, for the most part, and waved him away so they could make their decisions, glancing over the selection of dishes before him. As the location for one of his first dates with Talon in a very long time, this place was...quite perfect. Fancy but not anything too much. He didn't deserve anything excessively elaborate just yet. Perhaps when he'd proven himself and his behaviour in a public place.

"What do you want?" he questioned his companion, nodding towards the main menu as he scoured the drinks and selected a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne. "Nothing too heavy, hm? I don't want it difficult tonight, understood?" Risel certainly had some clear plans for what the pair of them were going to be doing that night once they left the restaurant. "Maybe some steak? I'll be having the house special and I thought we'd take a Dom Perignon and a Cabernet Sauvignon. Hm?"
MITZI
Talon Qanit-Ereian
he, him, his
24 POSTS
Kristie
AKA Talon
~ Elites ~
Of course it was his fault. It was always his fault no matter how hard he tried not to irritate his husband. Talon didn't understand how he was expected to take care of the children and prevent them from fighting all while trying to shower and dress for their date and not be late. Especially with the way the twins went at it most times. But it wouldn't do him any good to argue with Risel and would only make him angry, and of course probably put an end to his ever being allowed to leave the house again. "Of course, Risel, it was completely my fault. I'll try harder next time." If there was a next time. "Thank you for inviting me out." He did notice the look Risel had given his outfit but as long as he wasn't saying anything then Talon wasn't either. No sense in opening that can of worms too. Following Risel to the table he noticed the view and smiled widely. Most of what he got to see was the house and their own backyard. It got pretty old day after day.

Talon took his seat and listened to the specials before opening his menu and glancing through it. He pretty much knew what he wanted already so when Risel asked him he began to gesture at the menu to the Lobster ravioli in a rich cream sauce until he heard his husband's next words and paused. "Difficult?" What exactly did he mean by that? Was this going to be one of 'those' nights then? All the more reason to order it, maybe Risel will change his mind if he thinks it will be 'difficult'. "But Risel, you know lobster and pasta are my two favorite things and I never get to have them." Ignoring Risel's suggestion of steak he pretended to be still looking over the menu, planning on ordering the ravioli anyway when their orders were taken. "Yes, whatever you think is best, Risel." Referring to the champagne and wine he'd mentioned because to be honest, Talon didn't often get to try expensive drinks so he had no idea what was good and what wasn't.
Risel Ereian
he / him / his
heir
29 POSTS
Aly
AKA
~ Elites ~

talon
"Oh, I'm sure you will," Risel agreed, knowing full well that Talon wouldn't be stupid enough to make any further mistakes or ruin any opportunity he might have of a second date. These were generally rare enough that he was unlikely to want to impair his chances of repetition. "I don't understand how you struggle with the children so much. I do just fine with them and, even if they are a handful, there are other servants. I wouldn't expect you to have to do all the work around the place." He took a seat as his husband did the same, frowning as he thought about how much apparent the three boys seemed to be causing. "How are they? I've been out all day and I'm sure they've been simply devastated without me around, hm?"

Honestly, they were only a few minutes into their date and already Talon was arguing about something as simple as the food they were going to order. Risel would have preferred his husband choose a salad or something else that wouldn't make things tedious in bed but apparently, he was planning on being stubborn today. Never mind, that much could be easily dealt with later on. Risel was excellent at punishing Talon's little outbursts of bad behaviour. "You can have whatever you like at home, that is what the chefs are for," he objected in response to Talon's comment that he never had either of his favourite dishes. "Whatever. Have what you will. I'm sure you're well aware of the consequences for this sort of attitude tonight." And if he wasn't aware then Risel was quite happy to personally remind him. With a shrug that feigned nonchalance, he turned to the waiter as he approached, ordering the special as he'd said he would and waiting for Talon to do whatever he planned to do.
MITZI
Talon Qanit-Ereian
he, him, his
24 POSTS
Kristie
AKA Talon
~ Elites ~
Talon didn't even bother to reply to Risel's comment on working on his behavior. It wasn't like it would make a difference anyway and would only put his husband in a worse mood. But apparently Risel wasn't done discussing it so Talon sighed and lowered his menu to look at him while he spoke. "You do just fine with them because you let Lyzere do whatever he wants and send Ar'varis and Safarin to their rooms. The servants are too busy with the long list of orders you give them each morning and I don't want servants raising our children anyway." He almost laughed when Risel said he didn't expect him to do all the work but managed to keep himself in check. "They're fine and of course they miss you." Well... Lyzere did anyway. Ar'varis and Saf seemed much more relaxed when Risel wasn't home. Talon didn't doubt they loved him, it was just... more peaceful when he was working.

Lifting his menu back up, he went back to looking over the choices even though he knew what he wanted. "The cooks prepare food that I know the boys will eat too and you know Lyzere doesn't like anything from lakes or oceans. Honestly, I don't know why he's so afraid of water. Anyway, he won't eat lobster." Consequences? Talon began to hesitate on his choice of dishes after all. With Risel you could never be too sure. Consequences could mean anything from a stern talking to later to a whole lot of pain... usually in the bedroom. So when the waiter appeared, Talon continued to worry over his choice while Risel ordered. He had said to have what he would... right? And that nonchalant shrug didn't seem as if he were too concerned or upset... "I'll have the lobster ravioli, thank you." He smiled at the waiter and closed his menu, handing it to him before looking over at Risel to gauge his reaction.
Risel Ereian
he / him / his
heir
29 POSTS
Aly
AKA
~ Elites ~

talon
And so what if that was how Risel had chosen to raise his family? It seemed to be working just fine. "They have perfectly nice rooms and there is plenty for them to do even without leaving. I see no issue with sending them there," he commented, giving his husband a serious look. As for the comment on Lyzere, well, there was no arguing with that, since Talon was perfectly correct, but Risel saw nothing wrong with it either. "Is there something wrong with the servants raising the children? They raised me and, as far as I am aware, there is nothing wrong with me." But if Talon wanted to challenge that point, well, Risel would love to hear just what he might have to say on the subject.

"Then request something you want. I have the cooks prepare me separate food to the rest of you, I assume you could do the same." Well, Risel supposed that was the case, although he doubted the cooks would be as interested in preparing three separate types of meal rather than only two. "And Lyzere isn't stupid. He simply doesn't care for the filth of the ocean. Neither do I." As far as he was concerned, his son had just the right idea, and Risel didn't want to hear another word about it. Unfortunately, however, it didn't seem any of this had gotten through to Talon because, the next thing Risel knew, his husband was ordering the lobster ravioli. Never mind. He had warned the man and, if he so clearly wanted to risk the punishment later, then so be it.

As the pair waited for their food to arrive, Risel began to drum his fingers on the tabletop, trying to think of some sort of conversation to make that would go down well with the both of them. It was harder than it seemed, and, almost as per usual, he diverted back to the one topic they both had in common once again. "Speaking of the children, were we planning on having them schooled by an institution for the entirety of their life? I was almost considering pulling them out of that school and having them continue their education at home, as I did." It didn't seem that bad an idea to Risel but, for once, he was interested in hearing what his husband thought. A rarity. "Lyzere and Ar'varis are certainly nearly old enough."
MITZI
Talon Qanit-Ereian
he, him, his
24 POSTS
Kristie
AKA Talon
~ Elites ~
Working just fine for who? Not Ar'varis or Safarin, that's for sure! It was simply Risel's way of keeping them out of his hair. "No one wants to spend all their time in their room, Risel. If it's such a good thing why don't you ever send Lyzere to his?" By the serious look Risel was giving him he was probably pushing this a little too far. So at Risel's next question Talon treaded lightly, being careful not to piss him off too much. "I just feel like as long as I'm right there with them anyway there's no reason for someone else to be caring for them, that's all. Of course I didn't mean anything was wrong with the way you were raised." Except the fact that he was arrogant, spoiled, and psychologically damaged. But he didn't dare say as much to his husband.

Sure, he could order the cooks to prepare him whatever he wanted but he just never felt right doing that. He once was one of them and he knew how hard it was to try and fix several different meals and still do a good job to make everyone happy. He also wasn't Risel, the servants didn't necessarily listen to him the way they did his husband. Besides, he felt like families should all eat one meal together. "I just don't feel right doing that. And... well... you kind of treat me... I mean, the way the servants see you... they look at me more as one of them and not... well, you. I didn't say Lyzere was stupid. I just said I didn't understand why he doesn't like the ocean. I don't think it's filthy, it's just water." He did order his lobster ravioli though and as of yet Risel wasn't saying anything, so maybe it would be okay?

An awkward silence followed, one Talon knew only too well. It wasn't as if he had that much in common with his husband or that they had much to talk about. So he just watched Risel's fingers drumming on the table until he spoke again. "Homeschooled? But Risel..." It was the only time that Talon ever got a break. If he had to teach them at home, well... he already felt trapped. This would only make it worse. "I don't know. I mean, maybe they need the interaction with other children. It's good for their development to be with others their age instead of a bunch of adults and servants all the time. Maybe... we could just try school for awhile? I mean, the twins are about to start kindergarten and Saf still has one more year of preschool yet. Maybe it's too soon to tell." Actually, he was kind of surprised Risel was even asking his opinion. He really did believe they were better off in school for their development, but also for his own sanity.
Risel Ereian
he / him / his
heir
29 POSTS
Aly
AKA
~ Elites ~

talon
"Lyzere doesn't cause me as much trouble as the other two and he is welcome to go to his room whenever he wishes," Risel answered nonchalantly. He knew that his eldest son had just as an excellent a room as the other two - if not better - and that he would have been able to spend various hours there if he wanted to. But Lyzere simply preferred social interaction and Risel knew that, he wasn't going to force him out of it just because he had a nice bedroom or playroom. "Daddy was with me almost at all times and yet I was still raised by others at the same time." A mixture of parents and servants was best, as far as Risel was concerned. "I want them to understand they have servants to make use of."

With a shrug, the blonde man took a sip of his wine, watching as the waitress brought over a plate of complimentary starters for the pair of them. "Learn to use the staff." That was all Risel had to say on that matter. He didn't pay for them to have servants for no reason and it bothered him when his husband didn't seem to feel comfortable with these simple things. "The way I treat you is irrelevant. Perhaps you should learn to be somewhat more assertive with the servants, as I am. As Lyzere is." Perhaps Talon would understand what he meant a little better if he took a moment to learn something from his own son. "It is not just water. There are animals in the ocean as well as dirt. I do not like the ocean and he is right not to do so either." Risel was not having his children interested in anything he considered less than perfectly clean.

Risel had expected this would be Talon's reaction to his suggestion. He supposed it was harder for the poor people to understand how these things worked, so he couldn't exactly blame the man for his clear confusion. "I did not go to school. Daddy wanted me homeschooled and so I was. After all, we are not poor and I do not want my children associating with the poor." Truly, Risel had never understood why the elementary school in Mana Marrow mixed both the commoners and the elite but he had never liked the idea. It seemed unreasonable, especially given that this went against what he was trying to teach his children. "However...perhaps you're right. They may have another year in the school, yes, but I would love to have their opinions on the matter."
MITZI
Talon Qanit-Ereian
he, him, his
24 POSTS
Kristie
AKA Talon
~ Elites ~
"What?! Lyzere causes twice as much t..." His voice quickly trailed off as Talon realized the mistake he'd made. Risel did not like anyone, even Talon, saying any such things about his favorite child. He was perfect in his eyes and nothing was ever going to change that. "I don't care how nice someone's bedroom is, sometimes you just need a change of scenery. Just like our house is nice but sometimes I just want to get out and have a bit of fun." Most of the time he felt like a caged animal trapped where he didn't belong. But he didn't dare tell Risel that either. "Servants can't give them the love their parents can, Risel." He didn't know why he was being so argumentative that night. He was usually so careful but he just couldn't seem to stop himself.

When the waitress brought over the starters, Talon began to pile several of them onto his plate. A few beef crostini's, stuffed mushroom caps, grilled caprese eggplants, bruschetta... and made sure to keep his eyes on his plate so he wouldn't have to see the reproving look of scorn he knew was probably there on Risel's face. Taking a bite of one of the beef crostini's he almost moaned in response to how good it was. When all you eat are things like macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, and chicken nuggets, it's nice to taste real food again. Unfortunately the boys hadn't yet developed a palate for anything other than kids dishes. "I know how to use the staff, I just... I don't want to make them have to work any harder just for me. Remember, Risel, I was one of them. I know how hard it can be. And if you ask me, Lyzere could be a little less demanding towards them." So much for ever taking a family trip to the beach... maybe one day he could just take Ar'varis and Saf if he could ever manage to get out of the house without Risel.

Talon sighed and took a sip of his wine before going back to the starters on his plate to avoid Risel's reaction to his desire to keep the boys in school. He should have known. Why did Risel even bother to ask his opinion if he didn't really want it anyway? He was still going to insist on doing what he thought was best for the children regardless of Talon's wishes. "Maybe I need a break from them as well, Risel. I spend every minute with the boys when they're home. Sometimes I need some time to myself to do my own things. And what's wrong with poor kids? You met me when I was poor and you still married me." At least he'd agreed to wait a year. Maybe by then he could convince him to keep them in longer.
Risel Ereian
he / him / his
heir
29 POSTS
Aly
AKA
~ Elites ~

talon
As Talon trailed the end of his sentence, Risel raised an eyebrow in question, almost as though daring him to finish it and say something insulting about Lyzere. He knew exactly how the man felt about their eldest son and how little it would take to set him off. Sure, perhaps there was some truth in what his husband was saying and perhaps Lyzere did sometimes cause a little trouble but that most certainly did not mean he wanted to hear a single word against his favourite child. "Lyzere has never caused me any trouble. If he has caused you problems then perhaps you should learn to understand him a little better before your future accusations. And, no, I'm perfectly aware that they're incapable of such things but, well, we can provide the love without issue."

"If you'd like to showcase some manners..." Risel commented, glancing over the way Talon appeared to be genuinely shovelling as much food as possible onto his plate. Honestly, you'd think he'd never stopped being nothing more than a servant. It wasn't his fault that Talon seemed to insist upon only eating children's food. "They are there for him to use, therefore I would expect him to be demanding. And I don't care if you were one of them before, the matter is that you no longer are and, therefore, you should begin to act like it. If there is something you need - or something you want - then you should know how to ask them. I don't want to live in a household where my husband is afraid of the staff." Honestly, Risel didn't understand why Talon couldn't simply discipline them when they needed it.

Well, perhaps Talon did need a break but that didn't mean the children couldn't spend more time at home than they already did. It was unlikely to affect either of their lives all that much, given that there were servants present to handle any new issues that might arise, as the conversation had already mentioned a thousand times. "It is not my fault that I am sometimes required at the office so that I may ensure we continue to be supported financially." Not that anyone at the office ever really seemed to want Risel there, given that he did little more than briefly supervise and demand some sort of tour from whoever it was his father had left running things in his name whilst he was still growing up. "And everything is wrong with poor children. If the boys develop the wrong ideas now, they may end up having them forever." And that simply wouldn't do. "You...you were different. For one, we were not children and, secondly...you...I suppose I loved you."
MITZI
Talon Qanit-Ereian
he, him, his
24 POSTS
Kristie
AKA Talon
~ Elites ~
Of course Lyzere never caused him any trouble! That's because Risel let him do whatever he wanted so it made sense that he never made trouble for his father. Talon hated how Risel favored Lyzere and constantly harped on the other two boys for doing the exact same things Lyzere was doing. It just didn't seem fair. But he was never allowed to say anything against it unless he wanted to face his husband's wrath, which he didn't. And that made him feel like a failure. He was failing his two youngest boys by not sticking up for them to Risel, but he didn't dare. The price he knew he'd have to pay had him keeping his mouth shut. "Of course he hasn't. He's perfect. He never does anything wrong." His words were supposed to be acquiescing but the hint of bitterness could still be heard if Risel listened close enough.

Once Talon had filled his plate with the starters he found that they were quite delicious. After eating the first one he began on a second, and then a third when he heard Risel mention his lack of manners. Sighing once again he placed the one in his hand back onto his plate. "I don't think it's necessarily bad manners to enjoy your food." And it wasn't as if he'd had many chances to eat out and try new things. "I'm not afraid of the staff, Risel. It's just... I know how hard their work can be and I don't like to give them any more than I have to. I remember what that was like..." Discipline them? He could never! As a young boy he'd gone through some pretty traumatic experiences that he would never forget. He couldn't ever be the cause of that happening to anyone else!

Talon seriously doubted that Risel actually did any actual work himself but since he couldn't be sure it was better just to leave it alone. And he did support them regardless how he did it so complaining probably wasn't the best choice. "I know you do. I'm not saying that you shouldn't take care of things at work. I just wish I had a little more time to do my own things as well." Maybe now would be a good time to broach the subject of being allowed out again? "Risel, if you would just let me learn to drive I could get out and join some of the clubs and fundraisers and such. I could make some friends so I had other adults to talk to instead of just kids all day. If you don't want me to drive I could walk. I wouldn't mind the exercise. It would make me really happy." His eyes looked hopeful as he stared at his husband in an almost pleading way. He couldn't understand why Risel was so against his own children making friends with the underprivileged when he'd done exactly that. "Well, what if they meet a poor person and fall in love? Would you deny them then? I don't see the difference between you and me and them having poor friends. I just want... you what? You... loved me?" Talon had never really been sure of Risel's feelings for him. He still didn't know exactly why he had married him. "Loved? Do you still?" That was the real question. He took a sip of his wine nervously as he waited to see if Risel would actually answer him.
Risel Ereian
he / him / his
heir
29 POSTS
Aly
AKA
~ Elites ~

talon
It wasn't like Risel was stupid and didn't understand that his husband was obviously being sarcastic. Whilst he might have quite obviously favoured the eldest of their three children, Talon certainly didn't share such an opinion, and he made it clear a lot more often than Risel supposed he intended to. For someone who didn't want to anger him, well, he didn't exactly do the greatest job of it. Still, he decided to believe his husband was being sincere for once and, instead of reprimanding Talon, nodded in agreement. "No, he really doesn't. Honestly, I'm glad we have a child who so clearly takes after me in nature." Especially since Safarin obviously took after his other father and Ar'varis...well, Risel barely knew about him, but it was clearly neither of them.

"It is bad manners to stuff your face like that. As though you've never been to a nice restaurant like this before. Honestly, you're embarrassing me." Risel didn't want that much attention drawn to him, especially since it wasn't exactly positive attention, which was the type he craved and preferred. Although the majority of residents of Mana Marrow were unlikely to know who the Ereian family really was, it had already bothered him that they were likely to gossip when he'd married a servant. Now, he was concerned the same would happen regarding what he considered to be Talon's apparent lack of manners. "Their work is not hard. They applied for a job and they have the job they desired. I would not consider that hard, I would consider it a blessing. If there is more you want, then do it. I don't care if you remember what being a servant was like, you aren't a servant anymore." And that was the end of the matter as far as Risel was concerned. Talon could learn to discipline them or he couldn't, it was his choice.

Taking some starter for himself and carefully cutting it into smaller pieces, Risel shrugged in answer to his husband's request to be able to do more. It wasn't as though he really cared all that much. By this point, honestly, he was more or less reassured of Talon's loyalty and was willing to allow him a little more freedom, so long as it was unlikely to reveal too much. "You don't need friends. I never gained anything from my friends and I don't want the same happening to you. However...I will let you go out a few times a week. You can take Maiel on his walks or something, I don't mind." That would at least deter too much interaction from random strangers, that was for certain. As for the boys, well, his opinion was a mixture of things at the moment, and Risel didn't really want to think about their love life just yet. "They will not meet anyone poor, I guarantee you. And, yes, I did. And, yes, I still do. If I didn't love you then I wouldn't need you or have you around. There are plenty of other people I could be sleeping with, and I'm not because I care for you too much. Understand that."
MITZI
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution