welcome to destiny's strata!

PREMIUM - MATURE

The town seems like any other town. Simple, quiet on the exterior but digging beyond the surface will reveal a whole new world of deception, lies, and most of all, power. This is where the rich come to raise their families. But they all have their dirty little secrets. Isolating themselves from the rest of the world is the norm here, weeding out the 'bad seeds'. The children are raised with a sense of 'being privileged' and their parents encourage this. They go to private universities where they are taught to rule the world.

But there is one little problem...

The government says they have to allow a certain number of scholarships every year to the underprivileged kids or risk the closure of their schools. On the far end of town lives the poor, the down-trodden, and the downright scum of the earth, or, at least, that is how the upper class sees them. Mana Marrow tries to hide this embarrassment in their town but now, with the government intervening, they will have to allow some of these young adults to mix with their own precious, spoiled, and pampered offspring. The town comes together to form 'The Hetaireia', a secret society for the Elite, and figures out a way to make this work in their favor, however, and soon the lucky chosen underprivileged youth begin their university studies only to find that all is not as it seems. A hierarchy is born and they find themselves at the bottom rung, treated as less than second class citizens.

Will you be one of the privileged students that seem to rule the schools?
Or will you be one of the poor, who struggle for the acceptance that they may never find?
Or maybe you will be an adult, working in the town, the schools, or at the factory that supplies jobs for little pay and hard labor?

The choice is yours, so choose wisely!

Definitions:

Strata:
1) A level or class to which people are assigned according to their social status, education, or income.
2) A group into which members of a population are divided in stratified sampling.

Mana
A word found in Austronesian languages meaning "power, effectiveness, prestige", where in most cases the power is understood to be supernatural.

Hetaireia
1) Meaning 'Secret Society' in Latin.
2) A term in ancient greek for a corps of bodyguards during the Byzantine Empire. It means "the Company".

mana mar.
LOCATED: somewhere in the us
set in may, 2018
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Add Reply
New Poll

You are always on my mind, Jamesy
Embry Jaelyn Hartley
she
scholar
32 POSTS
Christina
AKA Em or Bry
SEXUALITY: straight
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: single
PARTNER:
~ Ravenswood Scholar ~
She knew emmy was busy and it was a good time to get to talk to James. Even if her feelings were just nothing more, she had to say something. Sending James a text to meet her at the beach under the docks, where they watched the grunion run a couple weeks ago, embry lay out a blanket just outside the reach of the water and a basket of drinks and snacks for them as she waited for James.

She wasn't sure what he would say but they had been friends since diapers so it was easy to talk to him.
James McPearson
He / Him
Ridge Creek Scholar
92 POSTS
Tiff
AKA Jay
SEXUALITY: Bisexual
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
PARTNER:
~ Ridge Creek Scholar ~
James had gotten the text from Embry and immediately dropped what he was doing. He paused long enough to throw on a clean shirt that wasn't covered in grease before heading to meet her. Once there he gave her a grin and flopped onto the blanket. "Hey Embry. Ohhhh you brought snacks!" He quickly grabbed some chips and opened them. "So what did you want to talk about?" He popped a few of the chips in his mouth, crunching them happily.
Embry Jaelyn Hartley
she
scholar
32 POSTS
Christina
AKA Em or Bry
PARTNER:
~ Ravenswood Scholar ~
"Oh right into it isn't it" she said as she looked to home, seeing he was actually smiling for once. That was a good sign. She still wasn't sure what to say or how to say it though. Sucking in a breath, embry turned to face him as she sat Indian still, drumming her fingers on her legs a bit "well..i don't know how to start this soo...im just gonna say it...um...and please don't laugh cause I've never felt like this about any one and emmy saif i should just tell you before it eat me alive James" she rambled as she loomed down to her hands "i don't know if its real or not but i can't stop thinking about you and i don't know why to say or do about it.." She let out her breath.

Embry let out a big breatj as she stayed looking to her hands for a moment as she waited to see what James said.
James McPearson
He / Him
Ridge Creek Scholar
92 POSTS
Tiff
AKA Jay
PARTNER:
~ Ridge Creek Scholar ~
James frowned as he realized this would be a serious talk. He straightened and thought how to reply to the revelation. "Oh... Embry you mean a lot to me...but I don't feel that way for you. We've known each other most of our lives and because of that I think of you more like a sister. You're the closest thing I have to family. You and Em." He gave a soft smile. "Besides, I'm kind of taken. I...well...I have feelings for Weston."
Embry Jaelyn Hartley
she
scholar
32 POSTS
Christina
AKA Em or Bry
PARTNER:
~ Ravenswood Scholar ~
Embry signed a bit, but figured it was as good as any to hear his words as he spoke. He wasn't laughing at least and he wasn't yelling was all that mattered to her "i wasn't sure how to even begin to tell you and i was thinking for a moment that maybe that it was just because we had know each other for so long...that you were always there for me when i needed it most...like family" she said as she looked to him.finally "im ok with that" she said to him.

When she heard his words about having feelings for Weston, embrys hands started to shake a bit as she started to tear up slightly "if i tell you something younpromisennow to say anything...i mean i told Emmy...and he said it was going around the school but i don't know and it kinda hurts James..." She said as she looked to him "weston took me out for my first drinks after work a couple weeks ago...we were out all night and he kept buying be drinks and took me dancing...but we ended up back at his place and one thing lead to another...and well...ya know...my fir.." She said, not being able to finish the first sentence "i can't take it back and i wish i never had gone out.."
James McPearson
He / Him
Ridge Creek Scholar
92 POSTS
Tiff
AKA Jay
PARTNER:
~ Ridge Creek Scholar ~
James looked worried as Embry began to speak again. "I promise I won't tell a soul." And he wouldn't. He would never break a promise he had made, not if he could help it. When she told him he felt a slight pain, but for Embry. He knew how Wes could be when it came to sex. "I'm sorry. Was it at least good?" It always was for him with Wes but then again he didn't know how it was from a girl's perspective.
Embry Jaelyn Hartley
she
scholar
32 POSTS
Christina
AKA Em or Bry
PARTNER:
~ Ravenswood Scholar ~
"I kinda don't remembwr much" she said as she looked to James when he asked her about her experience with we's "i was quite drunk i mean e had been to quite a few bars then dancing till late then to his house...it was all one nig blur..." She said as she bit her lower lip "i mean ibdont know what to say about it..i thought it's be more ya know...i didn't want to be a drunken one night stand type thing my first ya know.." She said with a sigh.

Embry looked to James as she scooted closer to him , seeing a look on his face "you look like you need to talk..." She said, knowing her friend like a book " I've known you for like ever...so get to talking...i mean...you need someone right..." She said as she held his hand for a moment "why can't we just talk like we used to.."
James McPearson
He / Him
Ridge Creek Scholar
92 POSTS
Tiff
AKA Jay
PARTNER:
~ Ridge Creek Scholar ~
James frowned and felt a brief flash of anger at Wes for having done that to her but now with Wes'memory gone it was hard to stay mad. When she pointed out that he looked like he needed to talk he sighed. "I guess you could say that. It's just Wes." He hesitated before continuing. "You have to promise not to tell anyone what I'm about to tell you. It's big though."
Embry Jaelyn Hartley
she
scholar
32 POSTS
Christina
AKA Em or Bry
PARTNER:
~ Ravenswood Scholar ~
Embry couldnt be mad at james for his feelings for Wes. He couldnt help it. She wasn't one to be like that to her friends, Wes was a jerk yes, but James was her best friend. When James spoke, embry nodded " I promise James.." She said a reassuring smile to her face as she waited to hear what he was going to tell her.

It must be something important if he wanted her to promise like that.
James McPearson
He / Him
Ridge Creek Scholar
92 POSTS
Tiff
AKA Jay
PARTNER:
~ Ridge Creek Scholar ~
James nodded and then took a deep breath. "So..Wes has lost his memory. He goes by John now. I'm keeping a close eye on him though. He doesn't have a clue about who he is." It felt good to be able to tell someone. "He barely even looks like Wes anymore."
Embry Jaelyn Hartley
she
scholar
32 POSTS
Christina
AKA Em or Bry
PARTNER:
~ Ravenswood Scholar ~
"At least you are keeping an eye on him...just in case...I mean you have always been like that...even with me" she said as she looked to him. When he said he barely looms like wes anymore, embry sucked in a breath and slowly let it out, not really caring about Wes but James did so she was helping James " is that a good thing or bad" she asked "i mean...do you like the knew wes...the way he looks and all or what" she said to him as she sipped on her drink.

Embrynwas trying to console him as she sat there but there were old feelings of wes and what he did to her that kind of hurt and got in the way and she was trying to help her friend at the same time. It was confusing "you know you have to think...he's still wes...its just gonna take time"
James McPearson
He / Him
Ridge Creek Scholar
92 POSTS
Tiff
AKA Jay
PARTNER:
~ Ridge Creek Scholar ~
James nodded with a smile. "I'll always look out for you Embry. Always." There was no question of it. Not even Wes could get away with it and if he ever got his money back he would have to answer for what he did to Embry. No matter what James felt for him. At the question he nodded. "I do but it's the same feeling as before. I guess you could say it's a bit interesting to see what he would be like as a commoner." He sighed and leaned against her. "I'm just not sure what to do about it. I'm hoping to make him see me as more than his scholar. I think this is my opportunity for that. Is it wrong not to tell him who he is?" That was the only thing that had him torn.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution