welcome to destiny's strata!

PREMIUM - MATURE

The town seems like any other town. Simple, quiet on the exterior but digging beyond the surface will reveal a whole new world of deception, lies, and most of all, power. This is where the rich come to raise their families. But they all have their dirty little secrets. Isolating themselves from the rest of the world is the norm here, weeding out the 'bad seeds'. The children are raised with a sense of 'being privileged' and their parents encourage this. They go to private universities where they are taught to rule the world.

But there is one little problem...

The government says they have to allow a certain number of scholarships every year to the underprivileged kids or risk the closure of their schools. On the far end of town lives the poor, the down-trodden, and the downright scum of the earth, or, at least, that is how the upper class sees them. Mana Marrow tries to hide this embarrassment in their town but now, with the government intervening, they will have to allow some of these young adults to mix with their own precious, spoiled, and pampered offspring. The town comes together to form 'The Hetaireia', a secret society for the Elite, and figures out a way to make this work in their favor, however, and soon the lucky chosen underprivileged youth begin their university studies only to find that all is not as it seems. A hierarchy is born and they find themselves at the bottom rung, treated as less than second class citizens.

Will you be one of the privileged students that seem to rule the schools?
Or will you be one of the poor, who struggle for the acceptance that they may never find?
Or maybe you will be an adult, working in the town, the schools, or at the factory that supplies jobs for little pay and hard labor?

The choice is yours, so choose wisely!

Definitions:

Strata:
1) A level or class to which people are assigned according to their social status, education, or income.
2) A group into which members of a population are divided in stratified sampling.

Mana
A word found in Austronesian languages meaning "power, effectiveness, prestige", where in most cases the power is understood to be supernatural.

Hetaireia
1) Meaning 'Secret Society' in Latin.
2) A term in ancient greek for a corps of bodyguards during the Byzantine Empire. It means "the Company".

mana mar.
LOCATED: somewhere in the us
set in june, 2018
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Add Reply
New Poll

Deja Vu For Two, Raine Rolvsson
AKA
SEXUALITY:
RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
PARTNER:
~ Guests ~
Raine Rolvsson

It had been a very long week for Tris. She had taken extra rounds at St. Raphael's doing whatever they needed. Lucky for Tris she was well rounded in the medical field that she had dabbled in a little bit of everything. However, lately Tris found herself frequenting the Pediatric/OBGYN wing of the hospital which she thrived in. Tris had a soft spot for children, and she thoroughly enjoyed treating them and expecting parents. Finally ending her last shift, she found her feet taking her to the cafe in Mana Marrow. Knowing she had been sleep deprived and was in some major need of caffeine and food, she decided to enter the cafe and place an order. Taking a seat at a nearby table, Tris patiently waited for her chai latte and bagel.
Kristie
AKA
SEXUALITY:
RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
PARTNER:
~ Elites ~
Raine made his way into town for a much needed break. He'd been working hard on his latest sculpture, a rather large piece that was to top a fountain, and he was behind schodule. The deadline that he'd agreed upon when he'd been comissioned was approaching and he still had so much to do. It was always this way with him though. He'd get behind and start to panic right before a deadline only to ficish in plenty of time in the end. He was pretty proud that he hadn't ever missed a deadline yet.

But today he was taking a small break. He'd been especially stressed over his family on top of everything else and he just needed a moment to breathe. Reaching his favorite cafe, he went to the counter and gave the girl a friendly smile. "I'll have my usual, Janice." Pulling out his wallet he paid the girl and then went to sit at a quiet table in the corner to wait for his coffee and croissant while reading the paper.
AKA
SEXUALITY:
RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
PARTNER:
~ Guests ~
Tris, almost mid bite on her bagel, heard a familiar voice...a voice she hadn't heard in years. Her back stiffening at the familiar sound she sat the bagel back down on her plate and looked up. Seeing Raine, her jaw dropped. "It can't be!" she said to herself in disbelief. She sat there watching him, studying his face for a few moments while deciding whether or not to approach him. Knowing if she didn't walk over to him she would regret it, she made her way over to him with her drink and bagel in tow and stopped in front of his table. "Excuse me, but is this seat taken?" she asked with a smile upon her lips while waiting for him to look up from his paper and recognize her.
Kristie
AKA
SEXUALITY:
RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
PARTNER:
~ Elites ~
Hearing a voice, Raine frowned slightly, not wanting to give up his solitude. He looked up at the same time he was trying to think of the politest way possible to get rid of whoever was standing there when his eyes met the woman's eyes standing before him. "Tris? Is that really you?" Setting his cup and newspaper down he stood and went around to pull out the chair for her. "I can't believe you're really here! Where have you been? It's been... years!" He instantly realized how silly that sounded because hadn't it been him that had been away for so long? But he'd been back a few months now and since this was the first time he'd bumped into her he just assumed maybe she'd been away too. "Wow! You look amazing! You haven't aged a bit!"

Taking his seat again, his coffee sat forgotten about while he couldn't seem to take his eyes off his old friend. He almost laughed at that... friend... Sure, they'd been friends, close in fact, but Raine had even back then wanted Tris for himself but she had been taken. "Whatever happened to that guy you used to see?" A quick glance at her hand told him she wasn't wearing a ring.
AKA
SEXUALITY:
RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
PARTNER:
~ Guests ~
When Raine's eyes finally met hers, Tris felt a familiar tingle go down her spine. Her lips broke out into a huge smile as she listened to him ask if it was really her and where she had been. After he pulled out a chair for her she sat down and then started to speak. "Don't you mean where have you been silly? I've been here all along. I never left." Raine and Tris were very close growing up and it pained her tremendously when he left. Even now there were unspoken feelings that churned inside of her as her eyes rested on his, then back down at her lap. "So, how have your travels been? She wondered how long he had been back in town and if he planned to stay put this time. Hearing his question about her ex she let out a small sigh. "There was an accident, and...well, he's no longer here." She said in somewhat of an abrupt tone of voice. She folded her hands in her lap and glanced up at him. "It was...complicated." That's all she offered about the subject at the moment. "So, now that you are here in town where are you staying?"
Kristie
AKA
SEXUALITY:
RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
PARTNER:
~ Elites ~
Her smile was just as he'd remembered it. It could easily light up the darkest room. Once she was seated he chuckled in embarrassment at his obvious nervousness. "Of course you have. I meant, well... I just haven't seen you around." He'd been back for a few months and he'd thought about seeking her out almost daily since he'd been back. But last he knew, his family had written to him that she was getting married. That was years ago. He'd thought about asking them about her but he was afraid of hearing how happy she was with her husband. She probably even had a couple kids by now for all he knew. "Traveling was great! I got to see so much and people seemed to really like my sculptures. Anyway, I was able to really make a name for myself. People actually pay me good money for those horrible things you used to laugh at back in school." If he were honest, he really had been quite bad at it back then.

As much as Raine resented the fact that he'd never told her how he felt before he left, he still wouldn't have wished on her what she'd obviously had to go through. "I'm so sorry, Tris. When...? How long ago?" Ugh! She obviously didn't want to talk about it, why was he asking her questions? "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have... It's none of my business." He quickly tried to change the subject. "So what have you been up to? Are you a doctor now?" Judging by the scrubs she was wearing he assumed she'd just come from work.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution