welcome to destiny's strata!

PREMIUM - MATURE

The town seems like any other town. Simple, quiet on the exterior but digging beyond the surface will reveal a whole new world of deception, lies, and most of all, power. This is where the rich come to raise their families. But they all have their dirty little secrets. Isolating themselves from the rest of the world is the norm here, weeding out the 'bad seeds'. The children are raised with a sense of 'being privileged' and their parents encourage this. They go to private universities where they are taught to rule the world.

But there is one little problem...

The government says they have to allow a certain number of scholarships every year to the underprivileged kids or risk the closure of their schools. On the far end of town lives the poor, the down-trodden, and the downright scum of the earth, or, at least, that is how the upper class sees them. Mana Marrow tries to hide this embarrassment in their town but now, with the government intervening, they will have to allow some of these young adults to mix with their own precious, spoiled, and pampered offspring. The town comes together to form 'The Hetaireia', a secret society for the Elite, and figures out a way to make this work in their favor, however, and soon the lucky chosen underprivileged youth begin their university studies only to find that all is not as it seems. A hierarchy is born and they find themselves at the bottom rung, treated as less than second class citizens.

Will you be one of the privileged students that seem to rule the schools?
Or will you be one of the poor, who struggle for the acceptance that they may never find?
Or maybe you will be an adult, working in the town, the schools, or at the factory that supplies jobs for little pay and hard labor?

The choice is yours, so choose wisely!

Definitions:

Strata:
1) A level or class to which people are assigned according to their social status, education, or income.
2) A group into which members of a population are divided in stratified sampling.

Mana
A word found in Austronesian languages meaning "power, effectiveness, prestige", where in most cases the power is understood to be supernatural.

Hetaireia
1) Meaning 'Secret Society' in Latin.
2) A term in ancient greek for a corps of bodyguards during the Byzantine Empire. It means "the Company".

mana mar.
LOCATED: somewhere in the us
set in may, 2018
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Add Reply

Maximilian Denvers' Grad Party
Henriette Amereaux-Denvers
She / Her / Hers
8 POSTS
Kristie
AKA Hettie
SEXUALITY: Heterosexual
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Married
PARTNER: Richard Denvers
~ Elites ~
Maximilian Denvers Grauation Party 2018

The Great Gatsby

Upon entering, there were plenty of tables with food and drink for all!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The cake was just waiting for Maximilian to cut into it before plating it up for the guests

user posted image

There was plenty of seating inside the ballroom, yet leaving plenty of room for those who wanted to dance

user posted image

And for those deemed worthy enough by Maximilian himself, special VIP seating!

user posted image

Henriette Amereaux-Denvers
She / Her / Hers
8 POSTS
Kristie
AKA Hettie
SEXUALITY: Heterosexual
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Married
PARTNER: Richard Denvers
~ Elites ~
Hettie couldn't believe it! Her little baby is all grown up! Watching her angel walk across that stage to receive his diploma was one of the happiest days of her life so far. But it was also bittersweet as well. He was officially an adult and not only did it make her feel quite old, but it also meant she had to let him grow up. Well, at least she still had her grandson, Robbie. And it wasn't as if she planned on doting on her only child any less.

But soon Maximilian would be heading off to Harvard and that made her infinitely sad. Thank goodness for money! Angel had had his heart set on Harvard, wanting to go to his father's institute, but his grades were just not quite good enough. Luckily, money could buy anything if you had enough of it, and one very large donation later, her son had been accepted into the ivy league school. They still had the summer yet before he would be leaving them and Hettie planned on spending as much time with her son as she could until then.

Today, though, today was a day for celebrating and Hettie was busy buzzing around to make sure everything was perfect for her angel and his guests. They should be arriving soon, and she wished Maximilian would hurry and finish getting ready and make his way down from his room already. Dic, unfortunately, was busy with his campaign and wouldn't be here but her angel understood that it was important for his career. Besides, their gift to Maximilian should make up for his absence but she was saving that for later.

Turning to one of the maids, she spoke with an authoritative tone. "Gertie, please go and make sure that Robbie's nanny has him ready and dressed in his best outfit. Guests will be arriving soon and I want my grandson here to celebrate his father's accomplishment. Then go and check on my son next if he hasn't made his way down by then. Be sure you're quick about it, this is an important day. I don't want anything going wrong!"
Maximilian Denvers
he/him
playboy
176 POSTS
alyoshka
AKA Max
SEXUALITY: bisexual
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: single
PARTNER: whoever's willing ;)
~ Ridge Creek Student ~

I'm just a hazard to myself

Mummy had promised Maximilian a graduation party so he was getting a party. He had let her deal with all the organisational details once he'd decided on some sort of theme, and she had duly done so. He always trusted her when it came to any of his events, if only because she was just excellent at getting everything he wanted done perfectly. And, since Mummy was making sure everything was dealt with the party planning side of things, that left him basically the whole day to get ready. And the whole day was definitely necessary because he needed to get a facial and his nails done and his hair done and everything and, you know, it was totally worth it because now Maximilian looked gorgeous.

He was dressed up in a nice red Dolce & Gabbana suit jacket decorated with embroidered on flowers and black accents, and a black silk shirt underneath, and his hair was slicked back and tinted slightly red in the back in order to match his outfit. It wasn't entirely thematically accurate, but he didn't care too much about that because at least he looked wonderful and it was his party so it wasn't like anyone could complain. They would just have to suck it up because Maximilian was in charge of everything.

Some maid appeared out of nowhere, interrupting Maximilian's general mirror self-admiration, and started talking to him about Mummy wanting him. Like, she was interrupting his personal space and personal time. But, having said that, she was also technically right because, you know, guests were going to start arriving soon and Maximilian needed to go downstairs, so he dismissed her with a little wave of his hand, carefully looked himself over in the mirror one more time to make sure his hair and makeup really were perfect, and then made his way downstairs to find Mummy and wait for his guests to arrive.

"Mummy, is everything properly ready?" Maximilian questioned, walking through the room that had been set up and glancing around as he did so, grabbing himself a glass of champagne on the way and totally disrupting whatever pretty pattern of champagne glasses had been set up before. "Tristan's probably going to be here soon cos he lives super close, and everything has to be totally ready." He gave her a quick suspicious glance, looking his mother over once or twice just to check that she wasn't concealing some sort of shitty present on her that he didn't want because he was pretty sure graduation deserved something other than just, like, a watch or whatever. "When can I perform?"
BY MITZI
Robyn Denvers
He
Mine or my character's?
32 POSTS
Rainy
AKA Robbie
SEXUALITY: Too young to know
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: None
PARTNER: Not yet
~ Elite Child ~
He didn't understand why he had to be dressed like that. He didn't understand much about the time or theme of the party, all he knew was that there had been talked about Daddy going away after the party and this was something Robyn didn't understand either, nor liked. Because no one had talked to /him/ about daddy leaving! Certainly NOT DADDY!! So... if he was leaving after the party, that meant he was leaving alone and leaving him behind. And he was probably going to take Lucas too...

So, no. Robyn was less than inspired to be in a party mood. Of course he was proud of daddy... but but..well, this was just one more proof that all he needed was right in his room. No one or nothing else! Yeah! And next time he was not going to go to the sea to be a pirate, he was just going to use his savings to get a ticket to Hollywood and be a star.

He came downstairs and stood next to daddy. They were, like, wearing the exact same outfit, it was like a mini-me of Max. And he stood there, looking up at the adults. He was sure no other kids were going to be there, only daddy's friends and such, and these people were not his friends. So, he was going to stick like glue to daddy!

Yes! that was the plan!
Camille Thomas
he/him/his
child
7 POSTS
alyoshka
AKA Camille
SEXUALITY: heterosexual
PARTNER: n/a
~ Elite Child ~

what doesn't kill me makes me wish i was dead
Camille was excited because he was going to a party! He didn't know what the party was for or anything like that but he was excited anyway because parties meant cake and Camille knew he liked cake even if he didn't know what the cake was celebrating. Cake was always good. But what he did know was that he was supposed to be keeping his friend Robyn company, and he liked the idea of having a friend around. Well...he wasn't totally sure if they were friends yet because they'd only met a few times in school but they got on okay and that was good enough.

Apparently, this was a fancy dress party, and Mummy had dressed Camille all up in a little suit with a little bow tie and shiny shoes. He'd thought fancy dress meant a costume but, apparently, it literally meant fancy this time so Camille wasn't totally sure what was going on. He liked dressing up smart but not so much as this! But he let her do it without too much fuss because then maybe he'd get a treat or something, and didn't even fuss when she dropped him off at his friend's house with a kiss and information that she'd back the next day because this was supposed to be a super long party so he was getting to stay for a sleepover. And then some lady that he didn't know but he'd seen sometimes coming to get Robyn from school took his hand and had taken him around to find his friend where some grownups were talking. He was quiet for a minute or two but then boredom got the best of him and he turned to the other child there instead.

"Hello. I came to sleep over. Mummy says I can stay all night!"
BY MITZI
Maximilian Denvers
he/him
playboy
176 POSTS
alyoshka
AKA Max
SEXUALITY: bisexual
PARTNER: whoever's willing ;)
~ Ridge Creek Student ~

I'm just a hazard to myself

If anything, Maximilian was glad to see that his son was a guest at his graduation party. It gave him some time to talk to the boy about the current situation and explain everything that was going on. He had some inkling that, most likely, Robyn wouldn't really know what was happening and where he was going to go - it was slightly reminiscent of when his father had had to go away on work-related trips when he'd been about Robbie's age, although there were, naturally, a few differences. Still, he wanted to make sure the boy was aware of things.

When Robyn did show up, just a few moments after he had, Maximilian was kind of pleased to see that they'd been dressed in the same clothes. Presumably, that had been some idea of Mummy's, and, as ever, it was one he couldn't help but approve of. Bending down slightly so he was a little more level with his son, Maximilian gave him a gentle hug in greeting. "Hey, Robbie, thanks for coming to my party. I'm gonna go away for a while after this summer, okay? But you don't have to miss me too much because I'm going to come back as many weekends as I can to come and see you and Mummy and everyone, and you can come and visit me too, yeah?"
BY MITZI
Robyn Denvers
He
Mine or my character's?
32 POSTS
Rainy
AKA Robbie
SEXUALITY: Too young to know
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: None
PARTNER: Not yet
~ Elite Child ~
Yeah, yeah, yeah... that's what they ALL say! They're gonna come back, they're gonna spend time with you. Robyn knew better by now, after all, Lucas said the exact same thing and... well... he wasn't. So Robyn had learned at this age that people are not to be trusted: they lie and they manipulate in order to get what they wanted, and if HE wanted to get what HE wanted, HE would also have to lie and manipulate, and Robyn was dangerously getting waaaaaay too good at that. He just smiled and nodded. It wasn't like whatever he felt was to matter - grown-ups made the decisions and for one he couldn't wait to be one so that he could, like, shove it and do whatever he wanted.

"Okay daddy," he said. He didn't mean it, but he said it. It was then when another boy came in. Robyn didn't even talk to that kid, well -- he did, but mostly it was to see if he had finished with his drawing or to pass the juice boxes. But to say that he was his bestest friend in the whole wide world... thaaaaat's a bit too much to say. He had a funny name tho - Camile. Like a girl. Robyn snickered. Camile the boy with a girl name. He was dressed as spoofy as he was and after a while of being all quiet, he blurted out he was ready for a sleep over. Who the fuck had invited him to sleep over!?

Robyn turned to him, eyes wide and raised eyebrow. "You're going to sleep over?" he asked, cheeks turned red as he felt a little bit of annoyance peeking its way over to angry mode. "Says who? your mommy? Mine sure didn't because I don't HAVE ONE...." yeah! and that was ALL ON DADDY because Robyn had ASKED fucking Santa for one and the big fuck only brought toys and clothes and no mommy. And then one of the maids said that it wasn't Santa's fault, it was because his daddy had told Santa no mommies allowed. So - THANKS DADDY! "And besides, I sleep outside, in the woods... with the wolves," he said as-a-matter-of-factly, just in case the other kid got any ideas about sharing his room or bed... The nerve!
Camille Thomas
he/him/his
child
7 POSTS
alyoshka
AKA Camille
SEXUALITY: heterosexual
PARTNER: n/a
~ Elite Child ~
what doesn't kill me makes me wish i was dead
Oh, okay. Camille had thought they were going to have a sleepover and that it was going to be fun because Mummy had said that was going to be the case so it had to be. But it looked like maybe Robyn didn't know anything about that and maybe this wasn't supposed to be a real sleepover and this was some sort of prank? Except that didn't make any sense to him, and it definitely didn't make sense to him why Robyn would live and sleep out in a forest outside or something with wolves. That seemed dumb and Camille was happy to say that.

"Oh. Well, Mummy talked to your Grandma and she says that she invited me so that we could have a sleepover so I guess we're doing that. We can play something if you like." He supposed Robyn would have an idea of something he wanted to do. This was a whole party, after all! "Or are we supposed to stay here with the party?"
BY MITZI
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Quick Reply

sknned by vanessa of shine and caution