WELCOME TO destiny's strata
PREMIUM - MATURE

The town seems like any other town. Simple, quiet on the exterior but digging beyond the surface will reveal a whole new world of deception, lies, and most of all, power. This is where the rich come to raise their families. But they all have their dirty little secrets. Isolating themselves from the rest of the world is the norm here, weeding out the 'bad seeds'. The children are raised with a sense of 'being privileged' and their parents encourage this. They go to private universities where they are taught to rule the world.

But there is one little problem...

The government says they have to allow a certain number of scholarships every year to the underprivileged kids or risk the closure of their schools. On the far end of town lives the poor, the down-trodden, and the downright scum of the earth, or, at least, that is how the upper class sees them. Mana Marrow tries to hide this embarrassment in their town but now, with the government intervening, they will have to allow some of these young adults to mix with their own precious, spoiled, and pampered offspring. The town comes together to form 'The Hetaireia', a secret society for the Elite, and figures out a way to make this work in their favor, however, and soon the lucky chosen underprivileged youth begin their university studies only to find that all is not as it seems. A hierarchy is born and they find themselves at the bottom rung, treated as less than second class citizens.

Will you be one of the privileged students that seem to rule the schools?
Or will you be one of the poor, who struggle for the acceptance that they may never find?
Or maybe you will be an adult, working in the town, the schools, or at the factory that supplies jobs for little pay and hard labor?

The choice is yours, so choose wisely!

Definitions:

Strata:
1) A level or class to which people are assigned according to their social status, education, or income.
2) A group into which members of a population are divided in stratified sampling.

Mana
A word found in Austronesian languages meaning "power, effectiveness, prestige", where in most cases the power is understood to be supernatural.

Hetaireia
1) Meaning 'Secret Society' in Latin.
2) A term in ancient greek for a corps of bodyguards during the Byzantine Empire. It means "the Company".

MANA MARROW
February; 2018
02.02 Come and join us for the Valentine's Day Midnight Sky Disco!

02.02 The roulette has been updated for February!

11.12 It's time for our first site activity check!

11.11 The roulette has been updated for November!

30.10 It's time for this year's Halloween Ball!

10.10 The roulette has been updated for October!

01.10 The Founders' Festival may have come to a close...but get ready for our upcoming Halloween event!

10.09 The roulette has been updated for September!

17.08 We are officially open!

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT; FEB. 2018
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Add Reply
New Poll

Longest Day Everrrr!, For Rosalind Ainsworth, Max maybe?
Kristie EST she, her, hers Well duh! Offline
255 POINTS EARNED
52 POSTS MADE
""
he, him, his
I AM Entitled
Pansexual
Single
Ridge Creek Student
Tristan was sooo not in the shopping mood! He never was unless it was for him but today he was following his sister around thanks to their father who thought that she needed a babysitter to keep her out of trouble. And by trouble he meant boys. Not that Tristan didn't kind of agree with his father but he did go a little overboard at times and Tristan had had to cancel plans with Max for this! But he had told Max where he was going, maybe he'd get lucky and his best friend would show up to keep him company or something at least because when Rosalind shopped it could be an all day event. Ugh!

"Come on, Ros! I'm starving! And I can't take watching you try on one more dress on an empty stomach! I need food!" Without waiting for her to answer he made his way to the food court while lugging his sister's bags with him to find a table to sit at and rest his feet. "Are you almost done? How many more clothes do you even need anyway?!" Usually Tristan didn't mind hanging out with Ros. He loved his sister. But shopping.... it just really wasn't his thing!
alyoshka gmt she/her ask? Offline
735 POINTS EARNED
146 POSTS MADE
"Max"
he/him
I AM the king
bisexual
single
whoever's willing ;)
Ridge Creek Student

tristan & sister
i'm a hazard
to myself.
Maximilian had had plans! Big, long plans for Tristan. And yet now they were being cancelled because his best friend was supposed to be babysitting his sister or something, which Maximilian simply didn't get. It wasn't as though she was a child or anything and, even if she had been, he didn't get why Tristan's father couldn't simply hire a proper nanny or something like that. It wasn't as though the Ainsworth family couldn't afford it or anything.

Luckily, Tristan had told him where he was going with his sister and, even more luckily, it happened to be somewhere Maximilian loved to go. The mall! He could do a bit of shopping, get some stuff he might have wanted and then drop by wherever his best friend happened to be. He wasn't sure exactly where that was since it hadn't been specified at any point but it just meant more time in the mall. It wasn't that massive a place, anyway.

A few stores into his day and Maximilian found himself crossing the food court. He'd never choose to eat there, of course, but, for some reason, it was necessary for him to pass by it in order to get to where he knew Versace was on the other side of the hall. Wait, was that Tristan over there? Excellent! Although, bit worrying that he was choosing to eat there.

"Tristan!" he called over, gesturing for Felix to come follow him with his multitude of shopping bags. "Tristan, where's your sister? Isn't she supposed to be here too?"
♥ spenny
Alana EST Her, Hers Ask Offline
45 POINTS EARNED
9 POSTS MADE
"Ros"
Her, She, Hers
I AM intriguing
Heterosexual
Single
n/a
Ravenswood Student
Rosalind was on another shopping spree and why not? She was bored with nothing to do and no one of decent self worth to hang out with, therefore she spent her time here at the mall trying to fill the void of her loneliness with retail therapy. Truth be told, she wasn't close to anyone at her school because she was the odd one out. She didn't exactly conform 100 percent to their rules and their high standards, making her somewhat of an outcast and a loner. Did Rosalind want friends? Of course. She was pining for some, and perhaps a male companion, that is, if Tristan wasn't giving every guy that came her way death looks. Hearing her brother whine about being hungry she grinned. "It's not about needing clothes, it's about wanting clothes!" Oh look, a cute little jewelry store. I'll be right back! She made her way into the store while she watched her brother choose a place to sit. Coming back out of the store she saw Max standing by him. Of course Tristan would invite him along. They rarely went anywhere without the other in tow. "I'm right here." Ros said after hearing Max ask where she was. "That store had nothing for me. Moving on!" She looked at Max and then Tristan. "So, what's the plan now?"
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION
SEEM QUIET? WE MAY BE ON FACEBOOK!